WORKING AT AGILITY
Agility Robotics designs and builds truly exciting machines in an excellent place to work and live. We are building a team of ambitious engineers who strive for excellence: amazing robots can only come from the most talented people, working together, having fun, and aiming high. This is the place to show what you can do.
An opportunity to work on the best bipedal robots alongside the best roboticists on the planet, as well as:
- An amazing waterfront office in Albany, OR with modern amenities, great views, and walking access to the restaurants and microbreweries in downtown Albany.
- Competitive compensation and a low cost of living.
- A flexible schedule and generous vacation policy.
- Access to both the Pacific Ocean and Cascade Range within 90 minutes east or west, for outdoor enthusiasts.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Agility Robotics seeks engineers to join us in building and controlling walking, running robots that go everywhere a human can go. More than a good resume with a great GPA, we are looking for applicants who have a portfolio of robotics projects and hands-on experience. Applicants are not required to have existing experience with legged locomotion.
As a growing startup company working at the forefront of robotics research, candidates for all job openings are expected to be proficient at:
- Communicating complex concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Working in a tightly coupled team environment.
- Working under limited supervision, managing yourself and others to achieve big-picture goals.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.
To Apply: Send firstname.lastname@example.org a single PDF including (in the following order) a short cover letter describing your interests and motivation, resume, a list of 3 references and their contact information, and whatever additional material you feel is relevant (such as images of robots, or links to URLs or videos).
Software/Robotics Engineer - Posted 4/13/2017
Summary: Agility Robotics seeks a talented controls, dynamics, and software/robotics engineer as we develop new behaviors and capabilities for Cassie. This work will be conducted at our headquarters in Albany, OR.
Required Skill Set:
- MATLAB and Simulink Wizard
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, computer science or similar
- Experience developing, debugging, and optimizing real-time controls on highly dynamic machines
- Strong intuition for physical movement in machines
- Underactuated controls development
- Sensor fusion and state estimation
- Motion planning and vision processing
- Code control and revision tracking