Agility Robotics takes a “dynamics first” approach to understanding legged locomotion. With this approach, we necessarily must understand the underlying physics of natural gait dynamics. This position will understand the existing literature in biomechanics and robotics as it relates to legged locomotion, hypothesize control policies that are bio-inspired, optimization-inspired, or generated from first principles, and interpret strong intuition and understanding of how things move into mathematical representations for simulation and control.
This position may include writing proposals and publishing, conducting research in a slightly more academic style, if desired.
- Ph.D. in Robotics or related field
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and lead research
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Have implemented some spring-mass gaits on machines
- AI/ML interface to dynamic systems
- Demonstrated ability to propose and win funding for research ideas
Send firstname.lastname@example.org a single PDF including (in the following order) a short cover letter describing your interests and motivation, resume, a list of 3 references and their contact information, and whatever additional material you feel is relevant (such as images of robots, or links to URLs or videos).