We build robots. That means combining hardware, electronics, and software, including low-level firmware. A qualified candidate for this position will have experience wiring a robot, soldering surface-mount components, debugging a system through firmware, electronics, and mechanical hardware, and experience building or assembling mechanisms.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Robotics or related engineering discipline
- Experience building machines that move
- Excellent debugging ability for robotic systems
- Ability to write well-commented firmware for common microcontrollers
- Solder and wire electromechanical systems meticulously
- Experience designing and building mechanical systems
- Robotics experience: sensor integration, automated moving components under load
- CNC and machining experience
- SolidWorks design
- Motion control
Send email@example.com a single PDF including (in the following order) a short cover letter describing your interests and motivation, resume, a list of 3 references and their contact information, and whatever additional material you feel is relevant (such as images of robots, or links to URLs or videos).